SPECIAL NOTICE WITH REGARD
TO ALPHA @ CATHEDRAL
In view of Disease Outbreak Response System Condition (DORSCON)
to ORANGE on 7 February 2020, we have decided to postpone
Alpha Evenings until further notice. Updated: 8 Feb 2020.
Alpha Lunchtime (starting Wed, 19 Feb 2020, 12pm) continues as it is a smaller group.
Wednesdays, 12 Feb - 29 April 2020, 7 pm - 9 pm
If you work near City Hall, there is an Alpha Lunchtime at 12 pm, click here for details.
What to expect at Alpha?
- 7 pm Registration & mingle
- 7:15 pm Dinner to be served
- 8 pm Screening of Alpha video
- 8:30 pm Group discussion: ask anything
- 9 pm End
What is Alpha?
Alpha is a series of interactive sessions that freely explore the basics of the Christian faith.
Who is Alpha for?
Alpha is for everyone, especially:
- Those who are searching for the meaning of life
- Those who are exploring Christianity and the Church
- New Christians or Newcomers to Church
How does it work?
Alpha is eleven sessions with the option of a weekend away in the middle. Each session includes food, a short video and a discussion at the end where you can share your thoughts. At any point, you think Alpha isn’t for you, that’s not a problem. There’s no pressure and no charge. The schedule of talks can be found below.
How much is it?
There is no charge.
How do I register?
Please sign up here.
Alpha Dates and Talk Titles
Wednesdays – Food will be served from 7.15 pm
- 12 Feb:
- Alpha Introductory Dinner
- 19 Feb:
- Who is Jesus?
- 26 Feb:
- Why did Jesus die?
- 4 Mar:
- How can we have faith?
- 11 Mar:
- Why & how do I pray?
- 18 Mar:
- Why and how should I read the Bible?
- 25 Mar:
- How does God guide us?
Alpha Weekend Fri-Sun, 3-5 Apr 2020
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
- What does the Holy Spirit do?
- How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?
- How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
- 8 Apr:
- How Can I Resist evil?
- 15 Apr:
- Why and How Should I Tell Others?
- 22 Apr:
- Does God Heal Today?
- 29 Apr:
- What about the Church?