Shalomkids - Imparting the Love of Christ to Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
“Shalom” means peace and wholeness in Hebrew. We believe every child is created in the image of God and he/she has the ability to find peace and wholeness with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Shalomkids is for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) who need a more dedicated attention and care.
Our Values and Beliefs
- Every child belongs to God and the faith community.
- Every child is to experience the love of Christ.
- Every child is unique and special.
- Every child deserves respect.
- We will work closely with the child’s parents/guardians.
WHEN? Every Saturday, 2:30—4 pm
WHERE? Prayer Hall C, Basement 1, St Andrew’s Cathedral
FOR? Children 6-16 yrs with ASD
We will use Christian children’s songs and the Bible to teach about Jesus Christ and why children are special to Him. The teaching ratio is about one teacher to two children.
- 2:30 pm Welcome & leisure time
- 2:45 pm Singing to God
- 3:00 pm Lesson time
- 3:30 pm Fellowship and snack time
- 4:00 pm Dismissal
Headed by Mrs Yung Siew Ling, the team comprised of members of St Andrew’s Cathedral who have a heart and passion to minister to children with special needs. We are in close consultation with Christian professionals who specialize in child development and children with special needs.
Enquiries: Mr Hali Leonardi
Tel: 6337 6104 ext 143