In leading up to Celebration of Hope 2019, 2018 marks
The Year of Prayer
What does it mean to be a people after God’s heart? The answer can be found in Acts 13:22:
"I have found in David...a man after my heart, who will do all my will."
When we have an appetite for prayer and seeking His face, joining others to do so in prayer gatherings will become natural and desirable.
Some of the steps to be taken this year:
- We will encourage each other to seek the Lord and read His Word daily. The daily lectionary readings can be accessed from the SAC App.
- Some may also want to sign up for Bible in One Year, which is written by Revd Nicky Gumbel and his team (https://www.bibleinoneyear.org/).
- We will be organising quarterly prayer retreats to teach and guide members who are seeking to rediscover or enrich their prayer and devotional lives.
- We will commit ourselves to the monthly Prayer and Praise.
- We will participate in the Year of Prayer events organised by Love Singapore and the Diocese.
A Prayer Guide for the 1st Quarter of 2018 can be found here: Cycle of Prayer 2018