Timeline of our Cathedral site and building 

1823    Present site chosen for a church by Sir Stamford Raffles
1834    Foundation stone of first Anglican church in Singapore laid on present site
1837    First Divine Service conducted by the first Chaplain, Revd Edmund White
1838    Consecration of St Andrew’s Church
1852    Closed after being struck twice by lightning and declared unsafe
1856    Foundation stone of present building laid by Bishop of Calcutta
1862    Present building consecrated
1870    St Andrew’s Church becomes Cathedral of the Diocese of Labuan and Sarawak
1938    100th Anniversary
1942    Cathedral used as an emergency hospital before the fall of Singapore
1952    Completion of North Transept extension
1954    Beginning of Mandarin Congregation - First Mandarin Service conducted by Revd Canon Sverre Holth
1973    Cathedral gazetted as National Monument
1983    Completion of South Transept Extension
1988    150th Anniversary
1989    Construction of baptistry
2005    Completion of Cathedral New Sanctuary and extension
2012    150th Anniversary of Consecration of St Andrew’s Cathedral Building