Ezra 3:8-13 • Revd Canon Lewis Lew
Renewal is needed when something has expired, worn-out, broken and needing fixing. The same goes with our spiritual life.
1. Share in your cell group, what are some hindrances that may prevent you from experiencing the full spiritual renewal of God.
2. Are you faithfully and actively exercising the gifts of the Holy Spirit? What are some challenges or difficulties you face? Do you desire to see more of the works of the Holy Spirit manifested just as in the early church in Acts? Why?
3. Share God’s calling in your life. How do you intend to act on your calling today?
Ezra 2:68-3:7 • Revd Christopher ChanReflection Questions
1. How will the way we worship be different when we focus on pleasing God instead of ourselves?
2. What offering (perhaps an act of service) do you think God wants you to bring to him?
Ezra 1:1-5 • Revd Canon Lewis LewReflection Questions
1. While the Jews practicing Judaism were known to be religiously pious – they disobeyed the laws of Moses and fell away from Yahweh. That resulted in their physical exile for an extended period of time. What lessons can we learn from the Jews to keep our faith robust and strong?
2. God amazingly called the Jews to return to Jerusalem through a pagan king. Then rose up the heads of the fathers' houses of Judah and Benjamin, and the priests and the Levites, everyone whose spirit God had stirred to go up to rebuild the house of the Lord that is in Jerusalem (Ezra. 1:5). A group of faithful people had responded to return to rebuild the temple in Jerusalem. How are you responding to God’s call to ‘return to Jerusalem’ to rebuild His house?
3. Three things were shared as part of our first Vision Sunday series – return to our first love, strengthen our family, and revitalize our community life. Share what these three areas mean to you as an individual and as a family.