Annual General Meeting of the Parish of St Andrew’s Cathedral will be held on Sunday, 3rd May 2020 at 1.30pm at the Pavilion.
Notice* is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Parish of St Andrew’s Cathedral will be held on Sunday, 3rd May 2020 at 1.30pm at the Pavilion.
This AGM will also elect the People’s Warden, 4 Synod Representatives and 12 members
of Parochial Church Council (PCC). Nomination forms are available at the Cathedral Welcome Centre and Service Information Desks. The form can also be downloaded here.
According to the St Andrew’s Cathedral Constitution, candidates for election to membership of the PCC shall be on the Electoral Roll of the parish and must be nominated by writing from one member and seconded by another to the Honorary Secretary. Proposers and Seconders are also required to be members on the Cathedral Electoral Roll.
Nomination papers are either to be placed in the “AGM Nomination Papers” box that will be located at the Cathedral Welcome Centre, or alternatively, emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12 noon on 25th April 2020.
The Electoral Roll determines those who are eligible to either vote or be elected at the AGM onto the Parochial Church Council. Baptised members, who are at least 17 years of age, confirmed in the Anglican Church, regularly attending Service and partaking Holy Communion in the Cathedral, should be on the Electoral Roll.
All members are encouraged to check if they are on the Electoral Roll. They can do so in the following manner:
1. Directly enquire at the Welcome Centre or the Service Info Desk, or
2. Email to email@example.com with your NRIC name, date of birth and mobile number.
All new applications for Electoral Roll must be submitted before 20th April 2020 to be eligible to vote at the coming AGM 2020.
FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AND ANNUAL REPORTS
The Cathedral Financial Statements will be available for members on the Electoral Roll on 19th April 2020.
The Cathedral Annual Report will also be available on 19th April 2020. The Annual Report can be downloaded here soon.
* Members would be aware of measures and contingencies that are in place to deal with COVID-19. To address the uncertainty that infection levels may increase over the coming weeks, adjustments may have to be made at short notice as to how we conduct our services and gatherings within the SAC parish, including the SAC Annual General Meeting. We would like to assure our members that we are monitoring the situation closely, and may announce changes to the timelines and/or meeting venue that have been given specified in this Notice, should the need arise. Thank you for your understanding. May the Lord continue to guide us as a parish as we cope with impact of COVID-19 and its ramifications on the church community.
AGENDA FOR AGM
1. Opening Prayer
2. Receive the Electoral Roll
3. Receive the nomination of the Vicar’s Warden
4.1 The People’s Warden
4.2 4 Synod Representatives (term of 2020 - 2023)
4.3 12 members of Parochial Church Council
5. Confirmation of Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 28th April 2019
6. Matters arising therefrom
7. Receive the reports of:-
7.1 The Vicar
7.2 The Vicar’s Warden
7.3 The People’s Warden
7.4 The Honorary Secretary
7.5 The Honorary Treasurer
8. Consider and adopt the audited statement of accounts for the year ended
31st December 2019
9. Consider and adopt the budget for the year 2020
10. Receive reports from Cathedral Ministries
11. Announcement of the Result of the Elections
12. Appointment of Auditors
13. Date of next AGM
14. Any Other Business. A written notice of which is to be given to the Honorary Secretary not later than 7days before the date of the Annual General Meeting. All written notices are either to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to be placed in the “AGM Notices” box that will be located at the Cathedral Welcome Centre not later than 12 noon on 26th April 2020.
- Dr Stanley Lai