This Biblical Studies Programme enables participants to systematically study, book by book, all 66 books of the Bible.
- Instruction will be aimed at bringing Bible literacy to the participants i.e. to know the contents of the Bible and to be able to apply God's Word to life.
- The 14 modules of this programme enable participants to study the entire Bible in 4 years.
- With the exception of Module 1, each module comprises an average of 10 lectures / tutorials, conducted on Thursday evenings, 7.30pm to 9.30pm. There will be no classes during the June and December school holidays.
- 2 modules will be conducted each term: one on the Old Testament and the other on the New Testament.
- Participants may choose their modules in any order. However, we recommend that all first-time participants attend Module 1 (A or B) to receive an Overview of the Bible.
- The course calendar for 2017 and 2018 is given below. This schedule will be repeated in 2019 and 2020.
Participation is offered at 2 levels:
(1) CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION — this requires a minimum of 70% attendance and a satisfactory completion of simple assignments during the course
(2) CERTIFICATE OF BIBLICAL STUDIES—this will be issued on passing a written assessment conducted after each module.
From time to time, the Biblical Studies programme will be supplemented and enhanced with specialised Bible book studies conducted by various teachers from within and outside the Diocese of Singapore. Details of these in-depth studies will be announced later in the year.
$10 per module, inclusive of study materials and assessment.
$5 for written exam.
Module 1 is free of charge.
Payment in cash is payable at the 1st lesson of each module.
Registration: You may register for the latest module by clicking here or get a brochure from the Cathedral, fill in the registration section and hand it to the Cathedral Welcome Centre or the Service Information Desk.
Enquiries: 6337 6104 or firstname.lastname@example.org